Re: Early draft of release notes

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Jørgen Hermanrud Fjeld wrote:
> I agree, but I haven't given up hope that 2.4 might one day become
> stable.  I'm wondering wether it then will be the default kernel for
> debian? That is are there any policy to never change major kernel
> version in the stable series? And if so I'd like to know. - --

Anyway, 2.4 should become standard only when /etc/mkinitrd/modules can
be filled-in automatically for simple systems. How many times did I
forget to put in ext2 and ide-disk in this file, and I was unable to
boot?

--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq -- ATER en informatique à la faculté d'Orsay.
Tel: 01 69 15 76 43 / 06 64 86 10 56 --- Email: jcdubacq@lri.fr