Re: taking over gnucash packaging

"Jeffrey W. Baker" <jwbaker@acm.org> writes:

> I am planning to take over the packaging of GnuCash.  Gnumatic have
> released version 1.6.4 of GnuCash, but the Debian package lingers at
> 1.6.1.  I think it's shameful that a fantastic app like GnuCash doesn't
> have its latest version in the distribution.

And why did you not contact me, the maintainer, first?  Just because
we're a couple of minor versions behind does not mean that it needs to
be taken over.

> cannot be contacted?  I am not implying that John Goerzen is off the air,
> but I haven't heard from him about the package so far, and the 1.6.1

That would be because you haven't contacted him.

> package is three months old and obsolete for two months.

gnucash (1.6.1-5) unstable; urgency=low

  * Rebuilt.  Closes: #111493, #109465.

 -- John Goerzen <jgoerzen@alexanderwohl>  Sat,  6 Oct 2001 17:43:29 -0500

And 1.6.4 is building now.