Problem with modutils under woody

This morning I decided to do an apt-get upgrade to my woody machine, and it
upgraded a bunch of stuff, including modutils to 2.4.10-3.  However, I was
still running kernel-image-2.4.9-686-smp, and so the configure step of modutils
failed.  Now I am trying to upgrade to kernel-image-2.4.10-686-smp, and the
configure step of kernel-image is failing.

Error I'm getting is:
depmod: Unexpected value (20) in '/lib/modules/2.4.9-686-smp/kernel/drivers/ieee
1394/sbp2.o' for ieee1394_device_size
        It is likely that the kernel structure has changed, if so then
        you probably need a new version of modutils to handle this kernel.
        Check linux/Documentation/Changes.

I'm attempting to remotely administrate this box, and I'm a little leery of
rebooting this box at this time, as I'm worried it might not come back up
without some help.

So, what can I do to get everything squared away, or should I wait until this evening
when I'm back at home to continue this process??

Thanks.