Re: I want to install these games online

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 01:06:58AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > The thought of games sent me quickly to apt-get.  Why is quake unavailable
> > in unstable or woody (I'm sure I missed something....)
>
> Huh?

  That's what I did too :)

> Hm. This is probably because it was orphaned and never claimed, or such.
> Pitty, since it's GPL and a great game... If nobody objects, I'll
> probably adopt it.

  If/when you do -- I think a much newer version of Quakeforge is
available.  I'm not sure whether Joseph never upgraded the version in
the archives (I remember seeing a note somewhere that single-player
was broken in one of the newer versions, but that was long ago...)

  Also, if someone could find some free WADs (or whatever it is that
Quake uses :) ), that would be fantastic..is there any such thing out
there?

  Daniel

|           "Next, consider a circle passing through infinity; that           |
|            is, a straight line.."                                           |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/