pandora replacement

As some of you might be aware we're in the process of both moving
and replacing pandora.  We're still in the process of arranging the
new hosting for pandora, But in the meantime I did get the new
hardware today and did the basic install in it. The specs are:

VA Linux Systems 2240
dual pIII-850
1Gb memory
4 hot swappable 9Gb SCSI disks
Mylex DAC960PRL PCI RAID Controller

Depending on the final hosting arrangement it'll either have two
100mbit ethernet interfaces, or one 100mbit ethernet and a gigabit
fibre (I have both cards, just need to pick one to put in it).

To give an indication of its speed: I compiled a 2.4.12-ac3 kernel
for it and a timing for "make bzImage" resulted in:

make bzImage  255.42s user 19.95s system 191% cpu 2:23.51 total

I intend make the machine availably via ipv6 for people who
need to setup the various services (non-US, security, nm, qa)
before we switch things over. (with some luck we will get
native ipv6 on the new site, so a tunnel will not be needed
anymore)

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |