Re: woody is getting worse...

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Michael Stone wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:25:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > To throw an idea out for discussion, what about automatically upgrading
> > a bug to "serious" if it's minor/normal/important and has been reported
> > over, say, six times? [0]
>
> I assume that's tongue-in-cheek? The potential for abuse (and even, the
> encouragement of abuse) is staggering.

Any random user could already create huge problems for the BTS if they
wanted, we depend on users to report things at least somewhat correctly.

The above idea seems good except for the fact that it kind of takes for
granted that users are not really going to use the BTS correctly, i.e.
they aren't reading open bug report before submitting.

Britton