Re: Debian conference 2 / LSM 2002 (off topic flamebait)

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> I suggest that it not be in the US until the war on terrorism is
> over.

> I am not going to attend a conference in a war zone, and I expect
> that many other people have the same opinion...

Well, looks like Australia is a bad place to have it as well:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011016/wl/attacks_australia_troops_4.html

 CANBERRA, Australia (AP) - Australia will begin deploying troops and
 military hardware to the Persian Gulf over the next two weeks to join
 the U.S.-led coalition against terrorism, Prime Minister John Howard
 said Wednesday.

 ``This marks, of course, a significant further stage in the
 involvement of Australian military personnel and the Australian
 people in this war against terrorism,'' the prime minister
 said. ``Our forces will be overseas fighting in our name within a
 very short period of time.''

Bashing america is all well and good (it's quite fashionable in Italy
too, in addition to the new Versace fall line), but it's nice to see
that they are going to stick with the States.

Nya nya nya,
--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/