Re: Debian conference 2 / LSM 2002

* Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> [011015 14:00]:
> Seriously, though, it might not be a bad idea to hold it in Canada.
> Toronto at least is pretty close to much of the northern states, and it

I would be interested in such a confrence.  I would be willing to see if
its possible here in Minnesota, but with the "US IS A WAR ZONE"
sentiment I don't know if its really worth it.

But, Minneapolis is less distance for most US-ians (yes, I'm being
biased, sue me.) on the west coast vs. Toronto and might be more
accessable from Asia if people from that far away do come.

But, I would need to find a venue that is affordable, too.  Thats also a
fun thing to do.  I might beable to see if the university has any
options, but those are usually only during the summer. (dorms + rooms to
do stuff in)  Otherwise, I dont know off hand of any decent places for
the size of the group.  Theres some hotels in the area, IETF uses the
hilton nearby, but that can get spendy.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos@irc.openprojects.net

"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
		- Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)