Re: squid cache

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 01:29:35PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> What about just using apt-proxy?

A combination of these three reasons:

1. the thread I saw (and only partly read) recently saying that apt-get
has had a number of unsolved grave errors for an extended period of
time.

2. partly because I have no idea if I will still be able to pick
and choose between testing and unstable versions like I currently
can. Although, since I have never used it, perhaps this fear
is unreasonable.

3. partly because I have 1 gigabyte reserved for squid (IIRC),
and would like to know that squid is using that diskspace for
some worthwhile purpose.

squid has also caused me problems in one other area: I have tried
using calamaris, webalizer, and two versions of a hand script to
determine which host downloaded how many megabytes over period of time.
The result: 4 completely different sets of results, which vary
by a factor of 2 to a factor of 4 depending on host)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>