ITP: wajig -- Simplified Debian package management front end

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

What is it:

  Wajig expects a command and will call upon other Debian tools to
  perform the command. You can obtain a list of common commands with
  `wajig help' and a list of all commands with `wajig -v help'. The full
  documentation is available with `wajig -vv help' or `wajig doc'.

  If you've tried to remember all the different commands to get
  different information about different aspects of Debian package
  management and then used other commands to install and remove packages
  then you'll know that it can become a little too much.

  Swaping between dselect, deity, deity-gtk, aptitutde, apt-get, dpkg,
  gnome-apt, apt-cache, and so on is interesting but cumbersome.  This Python
  script simply collects together what I have learnt over the years about
  various commands!

  Another effort called feta has a similar goal of being a front end to
  APT and I have extended and refined my wajig interface to match feta
  to some extent. Wajig aims to offer more than just package management
  though.

  Graham.Williams@acm.org

  Graham intents to apply for Debian maintainership. I will maintain this
  package until he becomes a maintainer and then pass it on to him.

Preview of "Lintian Clean" packages:

  Graham has made his packages available at http://edm.act.cmis.csiro.au/debian/

Copyright/License:

  This software is copyright (c) by Graham J Williams.

  You are free to distribute this software under the terms of
  the GNU General Public License.

What's next:

  I will upload a package in the next few days, unless I hear objections.

Cheers, Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question
than a precise answer to the wrong question. -- John Tukey