AN: new ntop beta packages
I have created new ntop  packages for potato and woody.
ntop is a Network Top program. It displays a summary of network usage by
machines on your network in a format reminicent of the unix top utility.
Since the current version of ntop in debian is very outdated and
because of some radical changes in the current version I would like to
encourage everybody to test this packages before I upload them to
WARNING: These packages are build out of the current CVS Version (11.10.2001)
wich is declared as BETA software. Especially intop can be
Upstream changes from ntop 1.3 -> 2.0beta:
- the ntop binary now contains the web interface, if you want the
old console interface use intop
- ntop can now display the physical location of the host
- many additional features for the web interface
Debian package changes:
- uses debconf for initial configuration
- provides an init script for daemon mode
- runs as user ntop per default (security)
Please test and comment!
 deb http://debian.cobolt.net ntop main
 deb http://debian.cobolt.net ntop-woody main
 Screenshot of the web-interface showing the
physical location feature: http://cns.dnsalias.org/location.png
"The Idea Is Good But The World Isn't Ready Yet"