Re: New imake config causing problems

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 10:45:40AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 12:20:25PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> That's the really annoying thing about this, though - the binaries in
>> question have man pages that worked just fine with the previous imake
>> setup. It seems that there has been a spec change of some sort here...
>
>Yes.  David Dawes changed imake so that manpages could be preprocessed.
>This is actually a good thing.  Ultimately it will enable us to get rid
>of the stupid "<XRoot>" relic that appears in so many X manpages.
>
>If the program in question was doing something subtle and/or clever, it
>might be worthwhile to mail <xpert@xfree86.org> and ask for the best way
>to handle it.

It was supplying a wrapper around InstallManPageLong() that was broken
by design and didn't cope with the changed internals. In the end I've
found and fixed it and sent a patch upstream. Thanks for your help,
Branden.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,