Re: automake 1.5

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:53:04PM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
[...]
> As somebody else wrote, if you have patched .am/.in files, the timestamps
> can force a call of automake, IIRC we had some weird troubles with that on
> m68k since the patches took a little longer to apply. It would be pretty bad
> if you had to teach the buildds to start applying the patches at the start
> of a second, so that they do not call automake, or to touch some files to
> prevent that. Not that I know much about the auto* tools, but I'd prefer if
> calling them did not screw up the Makefiles, ie the packages should build,
> no matter if you call automake or not. Thus we need a working automake, now.

Raja R Harinath provided a solution which should solve most reported problems,
just run
    autoreconf --force
before calling configure.  You might also pass -i flag to install new
Automake files (e.g. depcomp) and -l/-m if your macros reside in a local
directory.
BTW I did not check if sdl builds fine with this fix.

Denis