Re: FYI: intent to NMU to fix SDL + static X extension library problem

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 11:31:43AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Ah, it needs an "aclocal" (to upgrade the autoconf macros automake ships).
>
> The following should solve most problems with the new automake:
>
> cp /usr/share/automake/missing .
> aclocal
> automake
> autoconf

Nope, it doesn't.

libtool --force --copy; aclocal; automake; autoconf

...does not work with libsdl1.2.  Copying over the new missing script
doesn't help, either.

There are at least 3 problems:

1) libtool: complains that the "CC" command is not found.  There is
nothing wrong in the build environment or source tree.

2) libtool: performs lots of "=" and "!=" tests which issue "unary
operator expected"; a variable is probably failing to be expanded.

3) automake: doesn't know how to generate a "distclean" rule for the
doc/ subdir anymore

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to