Re: ddtp: new notifications mails, opt-in or opt-out?

Le Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 02:10:00PM +0200, Michael Bramer écrivait:
>     I start an opt-out system only, if we have a consensus in the
>     project. If you have comments, please write a mail to
>     debian-devel. (Reply-To: is set)

I personnaly feel that we should keep it as an opt-in system until
we have a way to integrate translated descriptions in a package (at this
time we'll have to forward the description to the BTS).

The main advantage for opt-out is that it increases awareness of the
existence of DDTS ... I know some maintainers who started to help
because they got this mail as a Debian maintainer.

In order to continue to increases this awareness I invite you to
announce DDTS and the way people can help on debian-devel-announce
from time to time (no more than monthly mails however) when you have new
stuff.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com