requiring packages to be built with a given compiler version

Greetings!  Is there any simple way I can specify that one of my
packages is to be built using gcc-2.95 on one arch, and 3.0 on the
others?  I can obviously set CC in debian/rules, but version numbers
aren't provided on the gcc binaries in Debian stable, and I'd like the
package to be buildable there too.  I guess what I'd like to do is
instruct the build daemon to either remove 3.0 for this package build,
or set the default to 2.95, and then add a rule which aborts the build
if gcc -v isn't right.

Please let me know what 'the right' way to do this would be.  And
please reply directly to me, as I'm not subscribed to devel.

Thanks for your work on Debian!