Re: how to fight back against Michael Bramer's spam

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

> Le jeu, oct 04, 2001, à 09:02:35 -0500, Steve Langasek a écrit:

> > > What  about  creating  a  mailing  list  where   all   the   translation
> > > notification will be sent to ? (like devel-changes)

> > This doesn't help maintainers who are only interested in seeing the
> > translations for their own packages, nor does it help translators who are only
> > interested in seeing the translations for their language.  Would anyone
> > subscribe to such a list?

> Perhaps the daemon in charge of that list could add a few metaheaders such
> as:

> for procmail consumption ?

If so many maintainers find it prohibitive to have to set up procmail filters
in order to get rid of the current DDTS messages, I do not think you will find
many maintainers willing to go through an elaborate process to be able to
receive the ones that are relevant to them.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer