Re: PROPOSED: slight change to wnpp procedures

Sam Powers wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 04:54:29PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> immo vero scripsit
> >
> > > closed automatically, but this way it is clear that the matter is out of
> > > the (prospective) package maintainer's hands, or those of the WNPP
> > > group, and in that of the FTP maintainers.
> >
> > it might be better to retitle it to make it look
> > "ITP-uploaded: package - description"
>
> This might end up being more of a question, but what about some kind of
> custom tag or something, perhaps tagging the ITP uploaded and then being
> tagged installed once installed into the archive.. all this could be done
> without continued human intervention, and provides both a place to store
> information about rejects, and shows at what stage the package is at during
> its lifespan.

New tags are an idea, but not a very visible one.

My two cents...  If the bug stayed with wnpp (as opposed to being
reassigned to ftp.debian.org) I'd prefer a new title (e.g. ITP-uploaded).
Archive maintainer who reject an upload could then retitle it to
ITP-rejected and document why.  This would make it easy to see on the wnpp
page (provided these new catogories were added to the grouping).

Peter