Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Sep 26, Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote:

>  >Are there any problems I missed with cimply copying the files?
> Yes: people do not want to restart bind at every configuration changes.

good point.

>  >Mount -bind is no option, hardlinks aren't either. Symlinks from
> mount --bind is the right solution for people using 2.4 kernels.

AFAIK mount -o ro --bind /etc/ foo/etc does not mount readonly. So
there would be write access to the root partition in the chroot.
I usually put chroots in a partition (or lv) of their own.

					yours,
					peter

    messages preferred.    | : :' :    By professionals,