Re: PROPOSED: slight change to wnpp procedures

Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 04:54:29PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > Rather than making it to be reassigned to something else,
> > it might be better to retitle it to make it look
> >
> > "ITP-uploaded: package - description"
> >
> > and still assigned to wnpp.
>
> > But it's one more step to the procedure, and I guess it will add to
> > the confusion / manual mistakes.
>
> That could be a risk.  Does it outweigh the benefits?

It doesn't need to be done manually.  katie sends me an email
telling me I uploaded a NEW package which requires human
intervention.  It could also email the bug if it sees the
changelog closes in ITP bug (would we need to format them in a
special way perhaps?).

I don't see a problem with reassigning the bug to ftp.debian.org,
and I think it's a _good_ idea.

Peter