Re: gpg and trustdb very slow

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 11:54:56PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that using gpg with debian-keyring 2001.09.03
> results in excessively slow trustdb-related things?

This is exactly what I was complaining about on IRC a few days ago. I
simply am not going to use the Debian keyring if the precence of so
many keys causes verifying a single mail to take barely-finite lengths
of time. That's too bad, since there's a lot to be gained by actually
verifying Debian signatures.

> Another example, I ran gpg --list-keys 6 hours ago. It's not done yet.
> This on a P2-300, 256mb ram. The slowdown is because it is evidently
> inserting each key into the trustdb in turn, and a single insert takes
> several minutes.

Did you even TRY --check-sigs? :)