Re: problems with binary NMU and apt

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 02:58:30AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Which packages are these? It's probably a bug in the package source, in
> that it's coded in such a way that bin-nmu's aren't possible. There're
> a bunch of packages like that. (ie, a Depends: otherpkg (= myver) line)

This problem would be greatly mitigated if dpkg automatically defined an
"Upstream-Version" substvar.  IIRC, I filed a bug about this a very long
time ago, but apparently somebody disagreed and closed it.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If God had intended for man to go
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     about naked, we would have been