Re: How to make your custom debian packages apt-gettable

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 01:22:00AM +0900, Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> I wrote a documentation
> "How to make your custom debian packages apt-gettable".
> Have I re-invented the wheel?

Not afaik, but you've chosen a rather complex method for it.

Here's my ~/bin/makepackages:

#!/bin/sh
apt-ftparchive packages . > Packages
apt-ftparchive sources . > Sources
gzip -c Packages > Packages.gz
gzip -c Sources > Sources.gz

(Yes, I know I could do that in one line. No, I don't care.)

Override files are totally pointless in this context.

 : :' :                         | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-    http://www.debian.org/ | London, UK