Re: sysctl should disable ECN by default

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Alex Pennace wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:37:06PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:
> >
> > > Why should the default configuration be changed to account for the
> > > diminishing number of broken routers on the net?
> >
> > From a technical behavior, throwing away packets with unknown protocol
> > flags is perfectly acceptable in any case and even reasonable in some
> > environments.
>
> No, such bastardization of TCP/IP, while already rampant, has no place
> on the Internet.

While at the same time not properly functioning IMAP clients, browsers
that are unable to correctly interpret HTML, SMB Machines that spew
broadcasts, RIP being propagated who knows where, routes flapping etc.
etc. has a place? No - you are right we have to sweep the place with a
steel broom. And whoever behaves not in exact accordance with an RFC
will immediately be exterminated by the Debian Intifada.
Amen,
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch