Re: e2fsprogs as an essential package

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 10:23:52PM +0800, zw@debian.org wrote:
> with reiserfs etc. shall we downgrade debian package e2fsprogs'
> essential state to at least to allow it to be removable? thanks!
> (one thing to notice is maybe the generic fsck wrapper?)

Perhaps it would make sense to put /sbin/fsck in its own small essential
package and have it depend on fsck-backend, which *fsprogs can provide.

fsck does link against libext2fs, though ... it uses
ext2fs_find_block_device() to get around a devfs problem. That function
doesn't seem inherently ext2-specific.