Re: Fonts working "out of the box"

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 11:45:38AM +1000, The Nose Who Knows wrote:

> What would be the best way of approaching these people who may find that
> Free licenses are the best way to distribute their work?  If we find
> that fontographers are interested, we may gain a lot of good quality
> work quite rapidly.

Write them an email stressing the practical advantages, without boring
them too much with a free software diatribe.

For example, point out to these designers that if their fonts are DFSG
free, they can be distributed with Debian (and Redhat and anything
else) which will make the useful to a huge group of people who might
not have heard about them otherwise.

By all means post a draft of the letter here for comments.

Jules