Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:50:52PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:44:11AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > As an automated mail, to which I have not request, I consider this
> > spam.
> >
> > Please remove me, and all ways of contacting me, from your
> > automated lists. I do not take kindly to unwarranted spam mails.
>
> OH, this is now the second 'remove me' request.
>
> Now the server can only mail notifications to all packages or to no
> packages. Should I stop it?
>
> Comments?

The way I see your current proposals, such notifications will
/eventually/ be necessary because maintainers will need to update
their source packages with translations.

Until then, it's not really necessary. IMHO, we should first reach a
conclusion as to *how* a package maintainer should add the translation
to the package.

However, Adam, I think you overreact a bit. As noted by others, this
"spam" is actually the result of someone spending some time on
improving your package.

Cheers,

  Richard

--