Re: RFC: Signed packages and translations

On 01-09-01 Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Just a couple of ideas. Looks good...
> If we don't want that then I have another idea. Replace the whole .tar.gz
> extension with .sig.

And then you have lots of people just trying to check that file with gpg
since it will be signed. But I think that not many people will notice
that this is still a archive file that they can extract by using tar xzf
instead of gpg to verify it. Replacing whole file-names like this, is in
my opinion a very bad idea.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)