Re: (my) summary about translated description with dpkg (still RFC)

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:58:59AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:

> Our proposal
> ============
>
> All the package-description-po-files go to a still-to-decide place on
> the user's disk. Then, after each installation, a still-to-write tool
> merge all these files in a big mo file containing all translations of
> all packages (without regard of their origin).

How long will that take on bigger installations? I see the point that
having all translations installed will be too cumersome, but if you
update large parts of your system and after each dpkg -i you have to
parse that file and merge the changes, this might take some time?

Or am I mistaken?

regards,

Michael