Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

>>"Michael" == Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:

 Michael> All translations are store in one or more .mo files. And this file(s)
 Michael> are in normal packages.

	And thus, individual debs moved around on their own have no
 translations. I have to download one deb, for all 10,000 packages,
 with translations for (Ye Gods) all 50 languages we hope to have
 translations for, in order to pass the translation for this one deb
 around.

	Has _anyone_ involved in this proposal ever heard of
 scalability issues? I am half inclined ot to object to this half
 baked proposal, which shall surely die under its won weight, but the
 loss of quality of the distribution is a concern.

	manoj
 apalled
--
 Blue paint today. [Funny to Jack Slingwine, Guy Harris and Hal
 Pierson.  Ed.]