Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 06:18:10PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Steve Greenland wrote:
>
> > A standalone .deb w/o a Package file doesn't integrate into apt or
> > dselect, so there's no where to show the descriptions. The only reason
> > one would have an interest in such a .deb is that one already has a
> > pretty good idea of what it is, presumably from an accompaning README,
> > or the webpage with a link, or somesuch. I doubt very many people go
> > around browsing random .debs with 'dpkg-deb -I'.
>
> Packages files are produced from the contents of .debs.

and nobody will change this.

We will only put the translation in a extra file and dpkg, dselect and
apt should search in this file for a translation before it show the
description to the user.

Gruss
Grisu
"...anytime you install something new on the Windows platform, you risk spending
the next five or six hours trying to figure out what happened"
                 -- Robert Roblin, Adobe