Re: ITC: dpkg-sysconfig

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 10:22:27AM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> I'm about to create the package deb-sysconfig which is the base for
> creating 'add-on' packages to create users, add add-on configs using
> self-made debian packages. I wrote a letter about it some days ago.
>
> There will be some sub-packages of this, deb-sysconfig-ssh,
> deb-sysconfig-mysql and maybe more.

If you're not already using it, cfengine would be a great tool to build this
around.  Each package would only need to install a chunk of cfengine
configuration, which would be included in the main system configuration.  In
fact, each "configuration package" could be reduced to one cfengine config
file, plus whatever auxiliary files are required (config templates, etc.).

--
 - mdz