Re: Who is a Debian user?

Let me make a different example:

I'm a Linux user (Debian specifically), and I'm familiar with where to
find ifconfig and traceroute (both of which are always on a standard
system), but now I have to work on a problem on my partner's M$ machine.

You tell me to go run ipconfig or tracert, but my partner has a standard
Win95 install with AOL as internet access. Do these commands even exist on
her machine? If I don't have them, how do I get them?

Yes, I'm basicly ignorant about all the techincal details of Win95. Can I
complain to Microsoft? What are they likely to say to me?

Knowledge is power. If you feel powerless, then it is obvious that you
should seek knowledge, rather than complain that your ignorance is
someone elses design flaw...

Luck,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-