alsa driver 0.5 and 0.9 and alsaplayer-alsa

a quick post. also i'm not an expert on alsa. (that's why this is not
on BTS.)

alsa driver 0.5 (stableware) and 0.9 (betaware) (both available in
alsa-project's first page) seem using different protocols with alsa
clients. in this case, alsaplayer.

The question is, can we utilizing alsaplayer's plug-in ability to
include two versions of

/usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/libalsa-{0.5,0.9}.so

so that users could use alsaplayer-alsa no matter if they've compiled
the stable version or beta version of alsa driver. I would appreciate
it. ;)

comments?

thanks,