Re: Outdated GNU config (config.{sub,guess}) and autotools-dev

Hello developpers,

I would like to come back to a proposal I send in
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200107/msg01777.html>

Basically I propose to use in debian/rules

./configure --host=$DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE

instead of ./configure to get rid of problem with old config.guess, and also
avoid problem with subarchitecture.

This seem to me a nicer solution than the one posted on devel-announce.

Do you have any comments ?

It is already implemented in my package (pari) (which upstream source has a
verry outdate "config.guess"-like script (not config.guess compatible))
and it work nicely whith all the arch/OS.

--
Bill <ballombe@debian.org>

I like ()(()).