Re: ITP: atm

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:35:36 -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 05:45:45PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
>> I say that I am reluctant to package this because it's something that really doesn't interest me, I just need it to get my
>> ADSL connection working.  If someone wants to take over the package now (or at any future time) then I will be very glad.

There is an open RFP #109612 for that package, but I won't get around
packaging the atm-tools before the freeze.

>> My current work is on http://www.coker.com.au/atm/ .
>
>Can I suggest libatm and libatm-dev instead, since they are libraries
>and not utilities?

There might be a lib included, but there is also a daemon (atmarpd)
and a command line utility (atmarp) to interface with the atmarpd.

BTW, the current version of the atm utilities suffers from very bad
code quality. There are utilities that write their output to stdin
(sic!), and the error messages are horribly broken.

Greetings
Marc