Re: Two questions about task-harden.

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> The second questions is if I should conflict with sendmail. I got
> a bugreport some days ago that was complaining about just that.

Based upon what, obviously not a sendmail/task-harden user...

> In my opinion there is no good reason for not conflicting with
> sendmail but I want to know what you think.

Except for the fact that there is no reason to do so.

> Is it possible to make  a secure server with sendmail?

Yes!

You'll get a lot of FUD based upon *OLD* information here...

Sendmail has changed alot, has improved its security immensely, and
is looking at doing even more work in that regards.

--
Rick Nelson
Who wants to remember that escape-x-alt-control-left shift-b puts you into