Re: Still no base tarball

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:38:22AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Because the machine down the hall has a CD drive and a floppy?
> > In which case you could use a script to generate the file, then split
> > it onto the floppies (you're going to have to split it whether it's
> > on the cd or not).
>
> This assumes the machine down the hall is running Debian, or at least
> something Unixy. If it's Windows only, you've got a tough time trying to
> split it by hand, no?

Uh, so you're saying the machine down the hall is a micros~1 box, but
since it has a cd drive we can insert the debian cd and then share the
24 MB base tarball over the network somehow?

I suppose that's possible though I really can't imagine it's going to
happen that often.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.