Re: Still no base tarball

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:38:22AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Because the machine down the hall has a CD drive and a floppy?
> > In which case you could use a script to generate the file, then split
> > it onto the floppies (you're going to have to split it whether it's
> > on the cd or not).
>
> This assumes the machine down the hall is running Debian, or at least
> something Unixy. If it's Windows only, you've got a tough time trying to
> split it by hand, no?

besides that dbootstrap expects the base floppies to be split using
the special dbootstrap format.  dd, split etc will NOT work.

as i have said i don't have a problem with the base floppy images
being on the CDs, what i have problem with is putting the actual
tarball on the CDs since it will serve NO purpose whatsoever, and
nobody has refuted that point yet.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/