MPlayer

Hello list,

Some time ago a posted a question regarding MPlayer and generally DivX
performance under GNU/Linux. I'm glad to say that after I got my NVidia
(very cheap TNT2/AGP/16RAM) back I tried again, using the XV extension
and it works perfectly well on my quite-old-already Pentium II/300MHz.
MPlayer-current with video output XV, XFree 4.1.0 and the proprietary
nvidia 1.0 drivers outperform significantly Windows 2000 and its Media
Player (again, the latest version of the official NVidia drivers used).

Is there anything that prevents MPlayer from being part of Debian, apart
from the DLL dodecs and DeCSS support? I was very pleased to see such a
mature piece of software.

Thanks to everyone that submitted hints,
Pavel.