Help regarding DPKG System

dear sir/ma'am,
    I am G S Kashyap, Co-ordinator of the True64 Linux User Group. We are currently considering a decision to work on an article regarding the working of the DPKG system and so on behalf of our LUG I would like to request you to please direct me to any sources (pun intended) of information regarding the subject.

 Some members are also contemplating on initiating on a Unversal Package Management System, which reds both DEB and RPM, so I request you to please direct me / send me a copy of the DPKG system , if possible.

We will be grateful for any assistance that you may render to our community.

TIA,
G S Kashyap
True64

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net