broken potato->woody upgrade (libdb3)

Hello,

just did a potato woody upgrade for some reasons. And I experienced the same
problems as with another system i upgraded before: I did not upgraded all
packages first, but started with libc6 and libncurses and some depended
packages (those i realy wanted to upgrade like mailaman).

This broke the system, because perl was afterwards complaining about a
missing libdb3. Making apt unable to work.

Installing the libdb2 package from the /var/cache with dpkg -i  solved the
problem. Looks like some package (perl? apt-*) is missing a pre installation
dpndency on it. Unfortunatelly I had not the time to find out what was the
excat problem, because of time pressure.

Looks like here is a problem with partial upgrades.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --