Re: Some icons are too big (Re: "Section" in *.doc-base file.)

"Bernhard R. Link" wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>
> > /usr/share/doc/menu/menu.txt.gz says the icons should not be
> > bigger than 32x32.  I wrote a quick perl script to find icons
> > bigger than that on my system and came up with this list:
>

> Is there a chance to enhance this script to make it also check for the
> number of colors and make it an lintian-check?

Yikes, a few have way more than 24 colors!

gnome-terminal: /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-terminal.xpm -> 48x48  #colors: 544
gnome-utils: /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/gcharmap.xpm -> 24x24  #colors: 350

I don't know how to easily check if the colors are in the
/usr/share/doc/menu/examples/cmap.xpm colormap.  I guess parse each
XPM file and match the color ID lines, except that perhaps some will
use names instead of numbers?

Peter