Re: Questions about Tags in bug reports

Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 11:47:36AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > 2- Are potato, woody and sid tags mutually exclusive?
> >    Or can you have two of them together?
> >   e.g. to mean: ! potato
> >   Tags: sid, woody
>
> You can use them together, but you generally don't want to use them at
> all. Just get the "Version:" field right and be done with it. Those
> tags are mainly meant for -qa and keeping track of bugs that affect
> release coordination.

Thanks Anthony.

Looking at the list of tags, I see "patch" and "security" that
could reasonably be used while submitting a bug report to
submit@bugs.

The others are: wontfix, moreinfo, unreproducible, fixed.  They
would only be used in message sent to control@bugs by the maintainer.

Is my interpretation correct?  (debian-bug.el will provide a
mechanism for adding these tags.)

Thanks,
Peter