Re: Requesting advice on build dependencies

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 11:33:20PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> was heard to say:
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 09:01:47PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
> >   Now, as I see it, I have several options here:
> >
> >   (a) Build-Depend unconditionally on both ggi and sdl, but add architecture
> >   tags specifying which archs the dependency applies to.  This is ugly, since
> >   I have to constantly keep track of which architectures ggi and sdl are
> >   working on this week.
>
> This is annoying, but it is what several other packages must do.  If all else
> fails, do this.  You can minimize the maintenance headache by only excluding
> architectures where GGI and/or SDL are known not to exist.  If the situation
> changes, and someone cares enough about the package, a bug will be filed to
> notify you to update the dependencies.

  Ok, I guess I'll do that.  A new version is in Incoming with [! foo-arch]
tags on the build-dependencies.  (yuck!)  I agree, conditional build-deps
would be nice.

  Daniel

|             X is the second worst window system ever invented.              |
|             Everything else is tied for first.                              |