Re: libc6/bash?

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 10:08:28PM -0500, Taral wrote:
> I know it's been discussed before, so could someone please summarize the
> reason why bash is not a pre-dependency of libc6?

libc6 pre-depends bash
bash pre-depends libc6

Definition of a pre-dep, is it must be installed and _configured_ before
unpacking the package. You tell me, how do you sanely resolve that case?

Besides, it's common sense that you are never going to install libc6 on
a machine that does not have libc6 installed (upgrades from bo
excluded). This is a chicken-and-egg question.