Re: exploring debian's users and groups

>> Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:

 > > I can confirm that on Solaris 2.5, bin is the owner and group of most
 > > files in /bin, /usr/bin, et al. I don't go back all that far in unix, so
 > > I don't know why that is.
 >
 > 	I can confirm the same for AIX 4.3.3

 FWIW, on IRIX most files in /bin[0], /usr/bin, /sbin and /usr/sbin are
 root:sys.  On HP/UX[1] /bin[2], /usr/bin, /sbin and /usr/sbin contain
 files owned by bin:bin, with a few seemingly random exceptions owned by
 root:sys.

[0] This is actually a link to usr/bin.
[1] aka, a Developer's Nightmare (but I actually find it cute to be
    greeted by "(c)Copyright 1979, 1980, 1983, 1985-1993 The Regents of
    the Univ. of California", among a screenful of others, at login)
[2] Same deal, the link points to /usr/bin.

--
Marcelo             | The Battle of Koom Valley is the only one known to
mmagallo@debian.org | history where both sides ambushed each other.