Re: exploring debian's users and groups

On 01-08-09 Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Aug 08, Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> wrote:

>  >>  >This is kinda like group mail.  People can be added to group uucp, then be
>  >>  >able to call the uucp binaries, to interact with the uucp subsystem.
>  >> No user should be ever added to group uucp.
>  >Would you mind adding some explanation to your statement?
> uux is all is needed for a user to start uucico.

This is again a statement from you and no explanation why never someone
should be added to the group uucp. Also if you look into the info
documentation you'll notice that people may want to start uucico via a
cronjob or directly for debugging purpose. So may I suggest either
adding some real explanation to my question and not just a simple
statement from you or to if you don't have an explanation handy don't
answer at all?

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)