Re: The merits of CVS for package development

Eray Ozkural wrote:
> When I become a debian developer, I will try to put all of my packages under
> CVS [*] and let porters and developers who would like to fix bugs directly
> work over the CVS. Is that feasible? I recall some discussion related to
> putting packages under CVS control.

See cvs-buildpackage. I keep all my packages in cvs, and I'm not alone.
Most of them are kept on my personal cvs server, and only I have commits
to (most of) those. Some are kept on cvs.debian.org and all developers
have commits to those.

I keep the entire source trees in cvs though. Disk space is cheap and
it's much more convenient.

--
see shy jo