Re: exploring debian's users and groups

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Joey Hess wrote:
> > /me eyes wiggy
>
> Changing an existing accountname that is in use by multiple packages is
> a major hassle. We've already done that for qmail which was nasty
> enough, and I strongly prefer not to do it for list unless there is
> an extremely convincing argument.

Not that I'm going to convince you, but it would be just a matter of
changing "SmartList" by "List Manager" or something alike.

AFAIK, the behaviour of smartlist does not depend in any way on the
full name of the user "list", but even if it did, it would be a bug
that I would prefer to see discovered and fixed rather than hidden.

[ I only speak for smartlist, don't know about mailman ].